Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cumulative line chart

Hi. 

Hi. 

How do I make a cumulative line chart? I tried to do the "running totals" in quick measurement but it shows me a incorrect visual perhaps I used the wrong measurements. 

I would like to have a rising line so e.g. 06/09/2022 has a total of 4 and not 1. 

lavmads_0-1667308279144.png

Best regards,

Lisa 

4 REPLIES 4
mangaus1111
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous ,

try this measure

RT  =

VAR CurrentDate= SELECTEDVALUE (Date[Date] )

RETURN

CALCULATE (

[Your Measure],

Date[Date]<= CurrentDate

)

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Create a measure with help from date table and use that in line, where date on axis will be from date table

Cumm Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),filter(all('Date'),'Date'[date] <=max('Date'[date])))

or

Cumm Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),filter(allselected('Date'),'Date'[date] <=max('Date'[date])))

Running Total/ Cumulative: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2wsO332LUo&list=PLPaNVDMhUXGaaqV92SBD5X2hk3TMNlHhb&index=41

Anonymous
Not applicable

But what if my values is not numeric? It is not a sales value but the occurrence of different categories. 

Can I still use the same equation? 

Hi @Anonymous 

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Just need to make small changes to the code, you can share some sample data then I'll change the code to suit your needs.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.