Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

nkulesa

Creating a Table Visual with Column-Level filters

Hello, wondering if anyone had any insight on this, I don't necessarily know how to title what I would like to see. 
I have several different metrics that each return:

1 if they're in the 90th percentile or higher

2 if they're in the 10th percentile or lower

3 if they're between 10th and 90th percentiles

4 if they do not meet the criteria for that specific metric

Example:

P.AutoGrossRenew = IF('Dashboard Data'[Auto In Force Policy Count 2023]<5,
                        IF('Dashboard Data'[Auto Rolling 12 Gross Renewal Rate]>=
                                PERCENTILE.INC('Dashboard Data'[Auto Rolling 12 Gross Renewal Rate],0.9),1,
                        IF('Dashboard Data'[Auto Rolling 12 Gross Renewal Rate]<=
                                PERCENTILE.INC('Dashboard Data'[Auto Rolling 12 Gross Renewal Rate],0.1),2,
             )
))

I was hoping to get these all inside of a single table visual and only display the ones in the top 10/bottom 10 and then hide all others. The problem that I'm running into is that if I set for example a visual-level filter that says [Metric]=1, it then excludes all other metrics. I was wondering if there was a way to write measures so that they might all live together in the same visual.

Thanks!

nkulesa_1-1704903222466.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nkulesa ,

These conditions are mutually exclusive. Please connect them with Or.

vcgaomsft_0-1704952975455.png

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly --  How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum -- China Power BI User Group

Ritaf1983
Super User
Super User

Hi @nkulesa 

Please provide sample data that covers your issue or question completely, in a usable format (not as a screenshot).
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-Forum/ba-...

Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447523

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.