Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

shadedfern
Frequent Visitor

Creating a Conditional Column

For background:

I have a column (Translation Time) which when I import it is in the wrong format, in which when I load it into PowerBI I have to edit it to the HH:MM:SS format. From there a create a new column to essentially transform all the values in the Translation Time column to seconds.

Now here is where I get stuck. I am trying to create another 'conditional' column to serve as the outlier column. The condition I am trying to impose is to capture all values 60 seconds and above in the new column.

I was looking up how to do it and the first step people said was to go to edit query but that reverses the initial formatting I do when I load in my data so not sure where to go from there.

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @shadedfern ,

Can you please share a pbix or some dummy data that keep the raw data structure with expected results? It should help us clarify your scenario and test to coding formula.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly  

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
audreygerred
Super User
Super User

Try to make the other changes you made in Power Query as well, then the conditional column will be another applied step. You can do IF statements on a calculated column, but you do get better performance when making columns in Power Query versus using DAX

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.