Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Create visual with hierarchy comparing parent vs child

I need to create a visual where I can compare the actions of the manager to his staff. I get the data from Active directory but it is not clean enough to create a hierarchy with the PATH() function. What can I do to display on one page the count or sum of actions for the staff and the manager. What complicates it further is that the staff and the managers might not be in the same department. So essentially in the example below I will choose a department and the visual needs to display the users in that department, then show the manager for those group of users and then calculate the actions as per a seperate table. The manager in some cases will not belong to the same department (unlike the example below)

Capture.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak - Thank you I already have the User relationship setup. However if I choose a department then the managers name does not always appear as they are in a seperate department. So I need to identify the manager for that user (from the manager column) and then calculate their actions based on the Users relationship between the two tables. Does that make sense? 

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , In the above case joining Created by with User of staff Hirerachy, should give you the desired output. You can bring in the Manager and User from staff Hirerachy and sum of rest of the columns from Actions table

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.