Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

K_Dunk
Frequent Visitor

Create one Visualization By Filtering Multiple Tables

I should start by saying that I'm a complete novice, so there may be an obvious solution.  I'm attempting to create visualizations that include data from multiple tables.  Each table has the same columns (one table per year from 2017 on) and they each contain close to a million records.  The only table that will continue to get updated is the 2020 table.  For that reason, I don't want to merge the tables into one giant one and spend forever doing a refresh.

What relationships do I need to create so that on a matrix or other visualizations I can filter the data for any given year or multiple years, if I choose.  Other filters would be applied as well.

Thanks for any help.  And please break it down for me as simply as possible!😁

PBI Relationships-Image Review.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@K_Dunk ,

I'm confused on your description, could you please clarify which columns do you want to use as "row", "column" and "legend" in the matrix visual? And which column do you want to use when you create the slicer?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

@v-yuta-msft 

Here's one example - Rows would be "TX Date" (month), Columns would be "Plaza" and the values would be the sum of "Ghost Transactions."  The slicer would be year and each table contains data for a different year.

Hope that clarifies.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.