Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Create map for two attitudes and longitudes.

hello dears,

what i'm trying to do is to creat map and spot one (latitude and longitude) with color black, and another one with different (latitude and longitude) in the same map with color red in order to compare the locations, so how can i do it?

want these two maps locations in one map with two different colors 

mmm.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

In power bi, table cannot be colored for themselves, we can only put the fields in the map and change the data colors in the data color menu as I previous posted.

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

I have the same problem and what I need is to turn the map into a kind of target, where an entity x has an assigned coordinate, and then all the locations where someone made an assigned visit to that entity x. more specific, I have coordinates of clients, which are fixed, and I have sellers who visit them day by day and must check in, what I need is to stare at that coordinate of the customer and day by day where the sellers were checking in to find the distance between the check in point and the point where the customer really is. and this problem as you will understand can not be analyzed if I have everything in a single column. if or if I need to have two columns one of objective coordinate and one of real coordinates.

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

I am not sure on why you have got 2 columns for LATITUDE and LONGITUDE in your data.

But, when I ty ry on a sample data as follows:

Pragati11_1-1595251989489.png

I get the following map:

Pragati11_1-1595251716219.png

I have got an ID column in my data - SCIID

I am using it under LEGEND field to give LATITUDE-LONGITUDE pair different colors.

See if you can try something like this.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

i have two (lat and long)

one where the cabinet name is located and another (lat and long) for where the competitors is located, so i want to see both in one map

Hi @Anonymous ,

Need another column to be used as legend field, for example:

map.png

Put these columns in the map, change the data color and bubble size in the format menu as your need:

map color.png

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

the truth is that it is not a solution to the problem posed, I have the same problem and what I need is to turn the map into a kind of target, where an entity x has an assigned coordinate, and then all the locations where someone visits that entity. more specifically, I have coordinates of customers, which are fixed, and I have sellers who visit them and check in, what I need is to stare at that coordinate of the customer and day by day where the sellers were checking in to find the distance. and this problem as you will understand cannot be analyzed if I have everything in a single column. if or if I need to have two columns one of objective coordinate and one of real coordinates.

Anonymous
Not applicable

can you explain more, i didn't understand what the value of legend showd be. i have two values of (lat and long) i put it in lat and long tab, and still one (lat and long) remaining  where i should put them?

Hi @Anonymous ,

Did you mean you save the two different locations in the two tables?

If so, [Category] column also needs to be added in both tables, then use this formula to combine these two tables:

Table 3 = 
UNION('Table 1','Table 2')

Now you can get the previous result as well.

Attached my sample file that you can refer: Create map for two attitudes and longitudes.pbix

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yingjl 

i did that and it works fine i created two tables and then join them , but how can i color them after joining i want table with black color and table two with red color.

Hi @Anonymous ,

In power bi, table cannot be colored for themselves, we can only put the fields in the map and change the data colors in the data color menu as I previous posted.

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

Anonymous
Not applicable

i don't have any tables, what i have is two different locations and i want to plot it in a singel map 

mmm.PNG

as you can see in the right i have (LAT and LAT1) also (LON and LON1) i need to plot these foure attributes in the same map,  like compininge these two maps (i dont want map for each one of them just a single map have two different (latitude and longtitude))

HI @Anonymous ,

It's not possible to plot 2 columns for LATUTUDE and LONGITUDE on a single map.

You will have come up with a custom column that represents both these values in a single column.

Like create a calculated column on some condition like - If COMPETITOR than LAT1 else LAT2

Similarly, do it for LONGITUDE columns.

You will end up with final 2 calculated columns - LAT_calc, LONG_calc.

Now use these to plot on the map visual.

Also, create a 3rd calculated column - CATEGORY = Competirors/Cabinet

Use this CATEGORY column as a legend on your map.

In this way you can compare them.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

the truth is that it is not a solution to the problem posed, I have the same problem and what I need is to turn the map into a kind of target, where an entity x has an assigned coordinate, and then all the locations where someone visits that entity. more specifically, I have coordinates of customers, which are fixed, and I have sellers who visit them and check in, what I need is to stare at that coordinate of the customer and day by day where the sellers were checking in to find the distance. and this problem as you will understand cannot be analyzed if I have everything in a single column. if or if I need to have two columns one of objective coordinate and one of real coordinates.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Not really enough information to go on, please first check if your issue is a common issue listed here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Before-You-Post-Read-This/ba-p/1116882

Also, please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

The most important parts are:
1. Sample data as text, use the table tool in the editing bar
2. Expected output from sample data
3. Explanation in words of how to get from 1. to 2.

Only thing I can say is to use a legend to get different colors on your map

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

HI @Anonymous ,

Not sure how your data is structured.

In your data set, you should have 2 columns - Latitude, Longitude

Then move these to your map visual and you can try with different color options to represent them.

It will be nice to have some sample data that you are using to achieve this.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

i did that and just only one (lat and long) appear on the map

Hi @Anonymous ,

Again your comment is not enough to answer further.

add details so that we can try to resolve your issue.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

i updated the post could you check it

spg_vizcube
Helper II
Helper II

You need to install custom Maps. Try Mapbox

Anonymous
Not applicable

same issu, idid and i'm able to locate only one (lat and lon)

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.