Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Create conditional table (SWITCH or IF functions not working)

Hello community,

i guess, I am trying to do something quite simple, but somehow DAX is not allowing to have a conditional expression in the definition of my new tabel ("Table =").

Laydner_0-1643277949893.png

In the code above, the green command does not work (nor does it with the IF function) but the blue code works normally.

Can anyone help me there? Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

A calculated table cannot be dynamic according to users' interaction with slicers and filters in the report. It is only evaluated and populated when it's created or the whole data model is refreshed. 

I guess your purpose is to filter the second slicer (Selector of Partner) with the selected value in the first slicer (Selector of Feature). You can generate a table in below structure. Features are in one column and their related Partners are in the other column. Then you can put Feature column in the first slicer and put Partner column in the other slicer. In this way, the second slicer can be filtered. 

vjingzhang_0-1643780078157.png

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , I doubt you can switch tables,  Also you can not use measure in new table creation, it will not work correctly

you can move code if inside the distinct and try 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @amitchandak , sadly it didnt work.

What I am trying to do with this dynamic table, is to have a dynamic selector. I want to be able to change the column in my visual "Selector of Partner" in accordance with what my "Selector of Feature" selects.

Laydner_0-1643292051365.png

Any ideas?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.