Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cmck
Frequent Visitor

Create a burndown, where measures need to filter on different dates

Hi,

I want to create a burndown of tasks that are coming in. They are continually created and completed (not all upfront).

The task table is formatted with each row containing the key info for each task as below:

Task IDCreation DateLast Changed DateTarget Close DateOpen/Closed

Task ID: Unique identifier

Creation Date: Date task created

Last Changed Date: Date the task was last edited - if the task is closed, then the last changed date is the completion date

Target close date: Date we aim to complete the task based on other factors

Open/Close: Whether the task is still in progress or not

The date dimension table is a standard table, but I can only link it to the Task table on one set of the dates, it is currently linked on the target close date.

In the below, the general 'date' I am referencing is simply the point in the X-axis as this will show the date, and the y axis the count.

For the planned measure:

Count of task IDs for which the creation date is before the date on x-axis, and the target close date is in the future.

For the actual measure:

Count of task IDs for which the creation date and last changed date are before the date on x-axis, and the task status is closed.

The graph needs to be dynamic as the tasks are linked to different teams which users will filter on, so I need to create measures. However, I am struggling to create these with calculate(xyz, filter()) as it won't let me filter on unlinked dates. 

Would really appreciate any help you can offer!

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please provide sample data that covers your issue or question completely, in a usable format (not as a screenshot).
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-Forum/ba-...
Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447523

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.