Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Create Column with modification of one condition

Hi,

I have a dataset with the following

TIme Frame

Latest 4 wks - 02/06/2021

Latest 13 wks - 02/06/2021

Latest 26 wks - 02/06/2021

Latest 52 wks - 02/06/2021

I am using a create column function to give me the "Time Frame", either 4,13,26 or 52 and it is working good.

However because my formula to capture this = Trim(Left(Time Frame,12) gives me the correct results of:

Latest 13wks

Latest 26wks

Latest 4 wks

Latest 52wks

But now I want to use the above as a slicer and I want them to appear as the following which is also in sorted order by time frame:

Latest 04 wks

Latest 13wks

Latest 26wks

Latest 52wks

How can I accomplish this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous ,

Create new column as WeekNum like below:

WeekNum = WEEKNUM(Table[YourDateColumn])
Then go to Data view then select TimeFrame Column then click on "Sort by Column" then choose the above WeekNum column. (See the attached screen shot)

Capture.PNG

Final Output:

Capture.PNG

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous ,

Create new column as WeekNum like below:

WeekNum = WEEKNUM(Table[YourDateColumn])
Then go to Data view then select TimeFrame Column then click on "Sort by Column" then choose the above WeekNum column. (See the attached screen shot)

Capture.PNG

Final Output:

Capture.PNG

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , I am assuming these are values in the column, Create a column that has sort order for these columns.

Refer my video, I have explained that in details:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK1zu4MBb-c

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors