Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cbutler
Helper III
Helper III

Count IDs by minimum value for the category - must be dynamic!

Riddle me this!

I am trying to count the number of people by their closest building - so distinct count of people is 2,061, distinct count of buildings is 7. I have mapped the distance of every person to each building by KM and Miles (file contains 14,427 rows). I need to be able to see the number of people by their closest building - but this needs to be a dynamic measure as I want to be able to unselect a building and have it recalculate all people to their next nearest building. 

So I want to be able to count the total number of people by their closest building in a bar chart. 

Eg Person 1 closest building is A, then A is removed from the filter, so their next closest is E and they will be counted with that building, then if E is removed theyll go to D etc etc. 

Any ideas of how to do this in a measure? @Greg_Deckler can you help? 
@GuyInACube any ideas for this problem? 

Link to PBIX download here 
Number of people per building.pbix

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

4 REPLIES 4
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

lbendlin_0-1686349861689.png

see attached

Hello Ibendlin, thanks so much for your help, I am wondering if you can assist again please? 

I have added in a new column for travel time in to the table,
(Less than 30 mins, 30mins -1 hour, 1-1.5 hours, 1.5-2 hours, more than 2 hours). 

this is for each row, each person distince to building and travel time. 

How can I adjust the code so that I can dynamically show the number of persons by their travel time? 
They still need to have been sorted by their closest building.... 🤔

Picture1.png

Thanks 🤞

You can adjust the DAX to swap out the distance for the time - after you put the time column into a usable (countable) format. Right now it is an inconsistent, unusable mess.

Thank you! This is exactly what I needed! 🎉

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.