Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Ohhhhhhfffs
Regular Visitor

Conversion of East North values to Lat and Long values for Mapping

HI i have a bunch of Easting/Northing co-ordinates that id like converted to Lat/Longs to show on the map visualisation in Powerbi

I know i can use external software and convert the values however the values will be coming in via an powerapp in easting/northing due to an old piece of hardware.

I have tried using the following

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Quick-Measures-Gallery/Northings-and-Eastings-to-Latitude-and-Longi...

However the values i get are incorrect, im assuming that the guy wrote that for his grid not my grid, is anyone able to show myself how to do this? or how they have done it.?

Thankyou

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Ohhhhhhfffs,

I'd like to suggest you use web connector to invoke correspond convert rest API to handle these data conversion instead of manually calculations.

Solved: Pull data from a REST API Authentication - Microsoft Power BI Community

java - Convert easting and northing to latitude longitude cordinates - Stack Overflow
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hey mate,

Any chance you could break down the steps a bit further for me?

The easting and northings i need to convert are recorded by fellow workers and are currently kept in a sharepoint database,

The way i manually do it is i use this site https://geodesyapps.ga.gov.au/grid-to-geographic

Which after selecting the zone it batch converts the easting and northing to lat and longs.

Im confused to what exactly im supposed to do with your answer? Is the Rest API Just for getting data off the web? so am i supposed to find a site that converts?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.