Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

GregoryMartin
Frequent Visitor

Continous X Axis with data (integers) from two different tables

Hello there, me again,

Solved my last problem with continuous X-axis involving dates from two different table with the CALENDARAUTO() functionnality (thanks again to @jthomson) but I'm now having the same issue with a similar X-axis with interger values instead of dates. Is there a CALENDARAUTO()-like functionnality working with columns containing integers ?

Have you got some magic tricks in your hat to help me with that problem ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @GregoryMartin,

Filtering out the blanks could be helpful.

Result =
FILTER (
    DISTINCT ( UNION ( VALUES ( Table1[ID] ), VALUES ( Table2[ID] ) ) ),
    [ID] <> BLANK ()
)

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @GregoryMartin,

If you have the integers in different tables, you can bring them together in a new table like this.

Result =
DISTINCT ( UNION ( VALUES ( Table1[ID] ), VALUES ( Table2[ID] ) ) )

Continous X Axis with data (integers) from two different tables.PNG

Best Regards,

Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Before all, thank you both for your quick answers.

@jthomson : I juste can't found the function you told me about. Power BI only give me the choice between GENERATE and GENERATEALL (as seen on th screenshot). GENERATESERIES is a function given with a plug-in ?

generalseries.png

@v-jiascu-msftI'd already tried to do this way but I couldn't create the relation between this new table and the two others, due tu a non unique values column.

relation.PNG

Hi @GregoryMartin,

Filtering out the blanks could be helpful.

Result =
FILTER (
    DISTINCT ( UNION ( VALUES ( Table1[ID] ), VALUES ( Table2[ID] ) ) ),
    [ID] <> BLANK ()
)

Best Regards,

Dale

Hi @v-jiascu-msft,

Thank you so much ! There was my problem. I was absolutly certain that the DISTINCT funtion was concerning also the 'blank' value and that the table will consider that blank value as unique. Didn't thought of that kind of problem.

Again thank you very much. Problem solved.

jthomson
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

You can probably try something similar using the GENERATESERIES function, if you are able to work out the highest and lowest values of your two tables (or know what sort of values you expect them to be), you can plug these in and it'll make a table of integers that you can relate your data to and use the value column as a common link for your axis

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.