Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

bargok

Consolidating two slicers using similar columns

So I have two bar charts, one using the 'views_per_month' table and another using the 'views_per_day' table that are each being filtered by a 'year' column and being filtered using two seperate slicers. The values in both 'year' columns are the same (2015, 2016, 2017, or 2018). I can't seem to form a relationship between them since neither column is unique, and when trying to append or merge queries, I cannot get it function properly due to the differences between the amount of rows. it Is there a way to get one slicer to animate both of these visuals?

views_per_month columns: views, range (2017-12, 2017-11, ...), and both month (5, 6, ...) and year (2016, 2017, ...) pulled down from range.

views_per_day columns: views, range (2017-12-31, 2017-12-30, ...), and both month (5, 6, ...) and year (2016, 2017, ...) pulled down from range.

I am running queries using import mode. If there are any additional details that I need to provide, please let me know! Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @bargok,

Have you solved your problem?

If you have solved, could you please share the solution or accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @bargok,

If I understand your scenario correctly that you have tables and you create the two bar charts with the data from the two tables, you also create the two seperate slicers  to filter the the two chart with the same column?

And you want to create one single slicer to filter the two charts but there is no relationship for your two tables?

What about create another Calendar table with Canlendar function? Then you may create the relationship for the tables.

In addition, you could have a reference of this similar thread.

If you still need help, please share a dummy pbix file which can reproduce the scenario, so that we can help further investigate on it? You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.)

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.