Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

RachelR

Connecting data from Falcon.io social media reports

Just wondering whether anyone has any experience connecting data from summary social media reports in Falcon.io to Power BI?

I am looking to summarise and visualise a lot of different social media accounts and streams in Power BI reports.  These have already been summarised in Falcon.io reports and dashboards, so I was hoping to just be able to access that combined data and bring it into Power BI.  Unfortunately I don't really know where to start.  I can get an API key for Falcon.io but so far that hasn't helped me connect to any data.

Can anyone offer any help for an inexperienced user...?

9 REPLIES 9
RanjeetK
Helper I
Helper I

Hello,

we can take the data from Falcon by using API, 
Please follow the procedure -
Refer this Document - https://falconio.docs.apiary.io/#reference/measure-api-v2 

RanjeetK_0-1672758081323.png

and get reqired Key - Only Admin user rol in Falcon can get the Key for API
To Get the API Key  - https://social-media-management-help.brandwatch.com/hc/en-us/articles/4624161860253-Getting-Access-t... 

RanjeetK_1-1672758127691.png

Thank you 😉

calebm
Regular Visitor

Were you able to find a solution in connecting Falcon to Power BI? I'm having a similar issue.

No not really.  Anything I looked into was a little too technical for me!  I did find out that there was a connector that made it fairly easy to get Falcon reports into an external source, but from talking to Falcon at the moment that has been "furloughed" for now as they are building something new.  I opted to connect to downloaded versions of my reports for now - in csv/excel- and wait for when that new connector is available.  Haven't checked back in for a while, might be there now.

Wow! Thank you for the quick reply.

Using the CSV files in the mean time is an excellent idea. Currently, I am working to integrate the Falcon's API into Power BI. I will let you know how it goes as it may help. For the CSV files, you are able to use Power Automate (or another RPA) to automatically download the CSV files and update your Power BI file. That will relieve some redunancy in your life and keep the data live.

Best!

Caleb

Hi Caleb, using Power Automate, you mentioned logging into Brandwatch (previously falcon.io) downloading the CSV file and uploading it back to Power BI. Have you tested this idea, and did it work?

Because for logging into Brandwatch I would have to type the login credentials, then an authentication happens and I don't know if Power Automate can do that. Please let me know. 

Thanks,

Sai 

Thanks Caleb.  I don't knopw much about Power Automate (yet) - looks like that's the next thing I need to learn!  Thanks for the heads up...
Cheers

Rachel

v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RachelR 

I think you want to use rest api as data source in Power BI.

Here is a post with similar topic like yours, I hope it could help you.

For reference: 

Using a REST API as a data source

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

RachelR

Thanks - will give it a go...

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@RachelR , Rest API seems the method here, if available. You can check if this blog can help

https://zappysys.com/blog/howto-import-json-rest-api-power-bi/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIl-vCwpS36AIVDxiPCh2...

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.