Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

yasbos
Resolver I
Resolver I

Connect Live to Analysis Service

Hi. I have a Power BI report that already has data from numerous queries and has many measures and visuals built on top of that. There are data points that I need to add to the report, but those are only available in a tabular model in Azure. I thought I would just add the data from the model to my report, but then I realized that I couldn't choose the Connect Live option. It allows me to choose the import option only. It then fails due to exceeding resource limits. If I try to connect to the model from a blank PBI file, I have the Connect Live available, and it works fine. However, I need the data from the model in the same report with other data so that I can include the relevant visuals on the same report page. Is there a way around that? Why doesn't it let me do Connect Live when I am in an existing report?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DataInsights
Super User
Super User

@yasbos,

This is a limitation of composite models:

DataInsights_0-1676127466349.png

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/transform-model/desktop-composite-models 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DataInsights
Super User
Super User

@yasbos,

This is a limitation of composite models:

DataInsights_0-1676127466349.png

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/transform-model/desktop-composite-models 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Thanks, @DataInsights .

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.