Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Anonymous
Not applicable

Configure Schedule in EC2

I did a report on my machine, using powerbi desktop, and published. It's working fine.

I would like to schedule an update on my EC2-aws server, since my computer is not always avaiable.

How can I do that ? I tryed to install a gateway on the cloud, but I didn't have success.

Thanks in Advance.

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous,

Gateway not able to directly install on cloud service, you need to use a VM to handle it.

In my opinion, I'd like to suggest you install the gateway on your colleague's device or try using the shared gateway(from other users) which hosts on your tenant.

Notice: you need to confirm they can access to AWS service first.

BTW, the AWS service seems a cloudy service which not required a gateway to refresh, have you merged different types of data sources in your report? If this is a case, you can take a look at the following link to turn on the option to use gateway handle cloudy datasource.

Merge or append on-premises and cloud data sources 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Installing the gateway in the cloud defeats its purpose. The gateway needs to be inside your network.  (If you can do a VPN tunnel then it might work but performance will be really bad)

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/service-gateway-onprem

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you see any other possible solution ?

The problem is that the report is not automatically updated.
Users could forget to update and could be consuming out of date info.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabcon_Europe_Social_Bogo

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.