Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Vashko
Frequent Visitor

Conditional formatting on a Card Visual

Hello all,

is it possible to apply gradient color on a Card type of visual: .

Vashko_0-1704824501127.png

Basically what I need is to have a dynamic coloring for each of the card visuals below:

Vashko_1-1704824664102.png

For example, the first Card has values between 0 and 100 so 20 would be red, second Card has values between 10 and 30 so that is why the card is yellow, and the last one has values between 0 and 50 so that is why the Card is green.

Each of these cards has its own field.

Can someone assist me?

Thank  you

3 REPLIES 3
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Vashko Yes, with the old Card visual go to General, Effects and then Background. With the new Card visual, it's under the Card format card and then Background, there is an fx icon for the background color.

Follow on LinkedIn
@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

@Greg_Deckler thank you for your response, but how to make it dynamic, not to hard code the values for min and max? basically to add some sort of rank to the value, and based on rank to have it colored?

Hi @Vashko 

In Power BI, the standard Card visual does not support gradient colors or conditional formatting based on dynamic values or ranks directly. 

There are custom visuals available in the Power BI marketplace that might offer more advanced formatting options, including gradient colors based on dynamic values. 

Best Regards,

Jayleny

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.