Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Tedua

Conditional formatting in a table, color scale with only 1 value

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to apply a color scale conditionnal formatting to each of my column in this table:

table.PNG

Starting from green with the lowest value and red to the highest. The first 4 column are working as intended, however, if there is only 1 value in a column, it immediatly start with the highest value(red). Any way this start with the lowest value (Green)

Here are the setting for the formating:

CondFormat.PNG

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Tedua ,

The default value of unique value is the maximum value. When the data of the column is updated, for example, the value of this column is not unique after the next update, the color will be adjusted automatically.

If you have only unique values in this column, you can add colors in other ways.

v-lionel-msft_0-1599726567723.png

v-lionel-msft_0-1599726676541.png

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
maree_bekkers

I am also having the same issue as Tedua with my data that is all zero's it is defaulting to the highest value (red) when they all should be formatted green as the lowest value. 

I have tried changing the Deault formatting and changing the Minimum from lowest to custom and still it is showing as red

Is there anyway around this? 

maree_bekkers_0-1655422725859.png

v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Tedua ,

The default value of unique value is the maximum value. When the data of the column is updated, for example, the value of this column is not unique after the next update, the color will be adjusted automatically.

If you have only unique values in this column, you can add colors in other ways.

v-lionel-msft_0-1599726567723.png

v-lionel-msft_0-1599726676541.png

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Is there any way we can set the default color when there is only 1 value?

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Tedua , I think that is the default behavior, when there is one value if would be considered highest

Thank you, do you know of any way to circumvent this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.