Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Conditional formatting doesn't seem to work no matter what I try

I'm trying to break this down to the most simplest form of conditional formatting, so I'm struggling to understand if it's intended to work the way I have in my head.  Let's say I have a table such as the following:

Price1  Price2   %Diff

100      50        -50%

When using a standard table, all I'm trying to do is have the font color of the values in the %Diff column to display in red when it's a negative value.  Seems like no matter what kind of rule or color scale option I try, I can't seem to pull it off!  I know it has to be something that's obvious to everyone else, but reading other posts and watching videos I can't seem to apply that same logic to my simple needs.  If anyone has any suggestions please help 🙂

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
RMDNA
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm not running into similar issues. Are your rules set up like below?

CondFormat.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just spotted in another thread that the conditional formatting won't work if your table only contains values.  Is this true and why you had to add that attribute field??  I don't want/need any text in my table.

@Anonymous,

If you have no attributes, your measures will be a table with only a single row. If the %Diff only needs to be seen as an aggregate value, I would recommend showing the values in cards as a high-level KPI.

Could you expand on what you're trying to display, and how?

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.