Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DanH2000
Frequent Visitor

Conditional Formatting the colours of a bubble map (Wrong colour being displayed)

Good Morning

I wonder if I could have a bit of support regarding the below I’ve been using the bubble map visualisation conditionally formatted to turn a set of colours based on a measurement that we have created which I have shown below.

DanH2000_0-1633251398111.png

Unfortunately it appeared that the measurement wasn’t working to show the colours on the map the correct way and as an example I can show you the below. As you can see the“Measurement (The heat map uses a combination of the amount of things happening in a place at once as well as a timeframe to work out the total)is  12 if you add 10 and 2 together r however you can see below this it is adding up to 13

underneath the two in the summary.

DanH2000_1-1633251398116.png

I did notice this with other areas as well for example in the below you can see the "Measurement" should be two but overall it's coming up as 13 which is what is being used within the heatmap so while the bubble should be showing as Green it is instead displaying black.

DanH2000_2-1633251398119.png

The map is conditionally formatted to the measure as per the below

DanH2000_3-1633251398125.png

The little issue being it seems to be the “Summary” number appearing at the bottom which the map seems to be taking rather than the sum of the measures individually (I.e so in the first table it should be showing as “Red” with 10 + 2= 12 and in the second should be showing as “Green” taking the number “2” yet but is coming up as black on the map taking the “13” number. In both of these cases the bubble on the map is showing up as black because the map is formatting to that overall measurement rather than the breakdown of what is shown in the measurement column

Do you possibly know why this may be the case and if there is a quick solution to this problem?

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DanH2000,

Can you please share a pbix or some dummy data that keep raw data structure? It should help us clarify your scenario and test to troubleshoot.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly  

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Good Evening.

I have since tried to research how to attach a file on to the community support group and have found that it appears the solution is to attach the link via one drive and because of security within my organisation this would be a bit of a challenge, is there an alternative way for me to attach the Pbi File?

Thank you

Kind Regards

HI @DanH2000,

It seems like your account does not has permission to attach files, perhaps you can upload it to your network driver and share the link here.

Notice: Please remove/replace all sensitive data or build some dummy data with a similar data structure for share.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Good Morning.

Thanks for the response.

Hopefully this link works below for the test file.

https://justiceuk-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/dan_haggis_justice_gov_uk/Efx76XkwKnBAhOsfYzJLXaI...

So basically I want the measure in the table below

DanH2000_0-1634546420833.png

to reflect the two numbers shown added together (so 11) rather than 13. I have a map visualisation which you should be able to see which is conditionally formatted so that if the measure hits the number "13" it will be black (this can be based on timelines as seen on the timeline slicer below this visualisation so the value of the measure changes depending on which slice of time is picked). So when picking the slice of time I have picked in September the colour should be showing as "Red" rather than "black".

Hope this makes sense

Kind Regards 🙂

Good Morning

Sure no problem, can you please tell me how to attach as I can't see an "Insert attachment" option when I reply? Or do I need to e-mail

Thank you

Kind Regards

DanH2000_0-1633594434764.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.