Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JillP
Regular Visitor

Conditional Formatting on Multiple Details in new Card Visual

Hi everyone, 

I have created a new card visual with 4 series (so 4 cards in my visual let's say). For each of this series I have added two reference labels (amount of series value Y-1 and Y-2) and next to these I have put a detail (% difference Actual vs reference label). Now I would like to apply a conditional format to each of these details. Negative % would be red, positive % would be green. 

I'm able of creating a rule for my first detail based on that detail-value. However, when I add the same rule to the next detail (but based on that value ofcourse), I get the error message "Repeated indices found in GroupBy or Projections". 

What am I doing wrong? Is it possible to add a conditional formatting to each detail-label (so in my case 8 conditional formats: detail for 2 labels x 4 series)?

Thanks in advance! 

Kr, 

Jill

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @JillP ,

Please check if Pie's and DBechai's solutions solve the problem:
1. Undo to a state where the card visual is working, or remake the card visual without the re-using a problematic conditional formatting field (a field that is already used in the visual for the card value, reference label value, or reference label detail value).
2. If you need to use the same value again, you can create a new explicit measure in your model that references that field, like "Duplicate Measure = Original Measure".
New card visual: Ongoing issues

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly--How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum--China Power BI User Group

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
NikhilChenna
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi @JillP , 

Could you send a screenshot of the visual, as well as can you confirm the % values which you are showing they are a measures ? Also check can you replace the card visual to a KPI visual and does it solve your problem. 

If possible send me a pbix file. 

Regards,

Nikhil Chenna
Please hit the thumbsup if your issue is solved

Hi Nikhil, 

Here is a screenshot. I had to redact the data, but the % next to the reference labels are the ones where I want to apply the conditional formatting. All values used are measures. 

So in this case I would like to have all the "1%" to be green, but they are all based on different measures. So i need to apply a rule per detail (based on that measure). And for 1 it seems to work, but for multiple there seems to be an issue.

KPI card could solve the problem, but I it is less readable in my opinion compared to this visual.

JillP_1-1710597707894.png

Kr, 

Jill

Hi @JillP ,

Please check if Pie's and DBechai's solutions solve the problem:
1. Undo to a state where the card visual is working, or remake the card visual without the re-using a problematic conditional formatting field (a field that is already used in the visual for the card value, reference label value, or reference label detail value).
2. If you need to use the same value again, you can create a new explicit measure in your model that references that field, like "Duplicate Measure = Original Measure".
New card visual: Ongoing issues

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly--How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum--China Power BI User Group

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.