Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

QMSAutomation
Regular Visitor

Conditional Formatting line chart line colours based on a column

Hello,

I am attempting to display a line chart that has groups of lines with the same colour. This is being done for patients in a clinical trial therefore I cant devulge the types of data being displayed but I can explain the relationships: 

Table:

QMSAutomation_0-1676580353983.png

Column 1 is in the legend (patient), column 2 is the patients data (Y axis), column 3 is the testing days (X axis), column 4 is the grouping each subject belongs to. 

I want to display each subjects data, but want the line colours to be displayed by grouping in column 4, is this possible?

Current line chart: 

QMSAutomation_2-1676580795167.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@QMSAutomation , You can choose a color for the line. but conditional formatting is not supported. We can format marker, but that only when we have one measure and no legend 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@QMSAutomation , You can choose a color for the line. but conditional formatting is not supported. We can format marker, but that only when we have one measure and no legend 

Thanks for the response, not having the legend in the graph won't show my data correctly, so I'll have to stick with the current colours and use a slicer to display only the groups when selected. Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors