Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ET1995
Helper I
Helper I

Conditional Formatting based on Brand name

Hi,

I have a table with Brand Names in rows and Dates in columns. There are around 30 brands, and new ones can be added along the way. In the table if the brand exists in a certain date, it is marked as Y. I want to colour the font a colour based on the brand name and Ys. The matrix visual should look something like this (this is a summary table, actually there are a lot more brands and dates):

1/1/20211/2/20211/3/20211/4/20211/5/2021
Brand AYYY  
Brand B YYYY
Brand C   YY
Brand DYYY  

How do I do this conditional formatting? I have a table like this which identifies the hex code for each brand, but idk how to use it:

BrandColourHex
A#00CCFF
B#CCFFFF
C#CCFFCC
D#FFFF99
E#99CCFF
F#FF99CC
G#CC99FF
H#FFCC99
9#3366FF
10#33CCCC
11#99CC00
12#FFCC00
13#FF9900
14#FF6600
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ET1995 ,

I created a sample pbix file for you(see attachment), please check whether that is what you want.

1. Create a measure to get the related color under different brand

Conditional formatting = 
CALCULATE (
    MAX ( 'Fontcolor format'[ColourHex] ),
    FILTER (
        'Fontcolor format',
        'Fontcolor format'[Brand] = SELECTEDVALUE ( 'Table'[Brand] )
    )
)

2. Create a matrix and set conditional formatting for Values field as the below screenshot

yingyinr_0-1624266353156.png

yingyinr_1-1624266546565.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ET1995 ,

I created a sample pbix file for you(see attachment), please check whether that is what you want.

1. Create a measure to get the related color under different brand

Conditional formatting = 
CALCULATE (
    MAX ( 'Fontcolor format'[ColourHex] ),
    FILTER (
        'Fontcolor format',
        'Fontcolor format'[Brand] = SELECTEDVALUE ( 'Table'[Brand] )
    )
)

2. Create a matrix and set conditional formatting for Values field as the below screenshot

yingyinr_0-1624266353156.png

yingyinr_1-1624266546565.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@ET1995 , make sure this table it joined with brand you are using or part of the brand table

create a measure max(brandcolor[ColourHex]) and use that is conditional formatting using field value option

or measure like

maxx(filter(brandcolor, brandcolor[ColourHex] =max(Table[Brand])),brandcolor[ColourHex])

How to do conditional formatting by measure and apply it on pie?: https://youtu.be/RqBb5eBf_I4

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.