Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Mattiar
Helper I
Helper I

Conditional Formatting Slicer Background BUG

I find a bug in the operation of conditional formatting to change the background to a slicer in power bi.

Mattiar_0-1680884697126.png

With the same measure, all slicers except the one that "activates" the measure work. But the first one should also work. 

Why?

12 REPLIES 12
DOLEARY85
Super User
Super User

You can use the Report an Issue link at the bottom of the page here to post it:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/free/

Hi,

I have a similar, although not exactly the same issue.

I have 52 slicers in a report. all with a similar color coding measure:

I have only testied with 3 so far.

The measures are

_IsSelectedProduct=IF(ISFILTERED(TableName[Product] ),"#00FFFF","#FFFFFF")

_IsSelectedStatus=IF(ISFILTERED(TableName[Status] ),"#00FFFF","#FFFFFF")

_IsSelectedFileType=IF(ISFILTERED(TableName[Filetype] ),"#00FFFF","#FFFFFF")

When I apply to the slicers background, the strangest things happened.

I started with Status, applied the slicer measure in the Fill format, it worked.

Moved on to the next (FileType), Applied the mesasure for that one, it didn't work. I check my measure calcualtion and it worked fine in a card.or on a shape.

Changed the measure for the FileType slicer to use the Status measure instead. It worked: if a value is selected in the Status slicer, the file type slicer changes color.

Removed all conditional formatting, and reapplied. None of them works now...

I am assuming it is a bug. I tried to report it using the link above, but although it says "Issues" on top of the page, it looks like you can only submit ideas...

Any advice?

Thank you.

DOLEARY85
Super User
Super User

Hi,

does the measure work if you just use = on the conditional formatting rather than > and <=?

Yes, the measure works but the conditional formatting no as before.

Strange, do you have a copy of the PBIX file i could take a look at?

Yes, but tomorrow because now i go out. Anyway i test it also in another pbix but the result is the same. 

Okay, no problem.

Maybe try this measure:  

if(CALCULATE(countrows('Dim_Origin'),allexcept('Dim_Origin','Dim_Origin'[Origin_city_name]))>2,2,1)

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, Appreciate your Kudos 👍

I also try your measure but it doesn't work. I think it's just a bug.
Anyway, How do I send you the pbix that I can not attach here?

Do you have a file share? Or Dropbox?

here the file. I use we transfer 

https://we.tl/t-WmwLz3hPZs

Yeah, it's nothing to do with the measure - the formatting just doesn't impact the current  slicer. If you copy the Origin City slicer, the one you don't select data in will change colour.

Not sure there's a solution for this at this time

Unfortunately I can not use it as a solution because in the report I have to do for the customer, this option is not considered. Also with a measure that has ISFILTERED it could work but unfortunately I already have a perennial filter on that slicer so that solution is not good either.

That said, isn't there a way to get this bug to the "upper floors" so they think about fixing this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.