Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Aj72
Frequent Visitor

Comparison of monthly reports

I have a monthly report run from Oracle HCM. I want to compare one month's data to another, but not to duplicate each time.

In effect - month 2 compared to month 1; mth 3 - mth 2; mth 4 - mth 3 etc.

The tables I have so far...Model.jpg

The BASE DATA > ROLE NAME is what I'm primarily looking at - to see what Oracle HR User Roles each individual have. This could be from 1 to maybe 20 roles per person - and I need to extract and highlight those people who have changed one or more of their roles  from the previous month. I've hit a dead-end and can't see a way passed - relatively new to PBi

2 REPLIES 2
Aj72
Frequent Visitor

Thank you Neeko!

1. In any way possible - but preferably a table of just those that have changed from one month to the next.

2. As it's an audit tracker of user's roles, I need to know who, what, when a role has changed. There's 15 columns and over 20,000 rows in each monthly report.

3. Yes. All users will by default have EMPLOYEE, they could have any number of other roles specific to their job.

I'm unable to share any of the data due to Org's security.

User NamePerson NumberFull NameAssignment Status TypeJob NameRole NameRole Added DateRole End DateGroup
A@work.com000001Smith, AlanActiveEmployeeOrg Employee01/01/2020 South West
A@work.com000001Smith, AlanInactiveHR SystemsOrg HR Sys03/03/201902/02/2021South West
A@work.com000001Smith, AlanActiveHOBCOrg HOBC04/04/2020 South West
Z@work.com000002Jones, BobInactiveHRAMOrg HRAM01/05/201910/12/2021North East
Z@work.com000002Jones, BobActiveABMOrg ABM01/05/2019 North East
Z@work.com000002Jones, BobActiveEmployeeOrg Employee01/05/2019 North East

If the above was month 1, and month 2 showed any details in any of the last 6 columns as being different, then it would pull the complete row into a new table say "Monthly Changes".

I hope this makes sense!

v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Aj72 ,

I have several questions about your description:
1. In what format would you like to highlight the comparison results?
2. If a user has multiple roles in a month, is it different to compare all the roles of this month to the next?
3. Is it possible for a user to have different roles at the same time period?

Please provide some sample data in your tables (exclude sensitive data) with Text format and your expected result with backend logic and special examples. It is better if you can share a simplified pbix file. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.