Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

regazze

Comparative line and stacked column chart (exits and incomes)

Hi community! I work with Powerbi to do some visualizations since a couple of moths.

Right now I'm facing a problem with a rough barchart that I need to translate to Powerbi but I'm not sure if is it possible.

I attach an image to clarify what I need to do.

tableComparative.PNG

I have a big spreadsheet with a lot of records that counts quantity of employees in the months. For example, in Oct I can have 100 employees, in Nov 107, in Dic 104, and it will be repeated records in the 3 months right?

The blue bars show the QTY of employees, there is no problem there, I did it ok.

Also I need to create 2 lines barchart (like the image) that show the QTY of employees contracted in the month of chartbar, and another line that show the exits of employees in the month, in each month.

Is it possible do it in Powerbi? Anybody has done it before, or have some helpfull material to start with it?
Thanks a lot!!

2 REPLIES 2
djurecicK2
Super User
Super User

Hi @regazze ,

You should be able to do something similar with a Line and Clustered Column Chart:

https://www.tutorialgateway.org/line-and-clustered-column-chart-in-power-bi/

Thanks for the visual help, but do you know how can I iterate through the months and see which ID are on the previous month and which ID arn't in the current month?
I think this is the tricky part, I think I should iterate each month and see if the ID of a person is in the previous month or not.

For example, 

regazze_1-1670600835164.png

In this case, how can I know in May there is +2 employees and -1 employees respect the previous month?

Thank you so much!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors