Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

msae26
Frequent Visitor

Como relacionar dos tablas

Hola buenas días a todos

Soy nuevo en PowerBI. Tengo estas dos datablas que quisiera relacionar, pero no sé como. Espero me puedan ayudar:

tabla1

msae26_0-1652099040688.png

tabla2

msae26_1-1652099096814.png

Como podria relacionar estas dos tablas?

Muchas gracias de antemano a los que puedan dar ideas.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
msae26
Frequent Visitor

Hi again everyone

I tried with another dax code. Insted of use SUM inside CALCULATE I used SUMX, like this:

PCI = CALCULATE(
    SUMX('Potere Calorico Inferiore', 'Potere Calorico Inferiore'[PCI Coge MJp/Smc]),
        FILTER(ALL('Potere Calorico Inferiore'),
            'Potere Calorico Inferiore'[anno]='Test'[Data].[Year] && 'Potere Calorico Inferiore'[mese]='Test'[Data].[MonthNo])
)

This seems more logic for me, since SUMX is iterative function. I keep waiting for someone who can help me to clean things up.

Great day  for all

View solution in original post

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @msae26 ,

Try this:

PCI =
LOOKUPVALUE (
    'Potere Calorico Inferiore'[PCI Coge MJp/Smc],
    'Potere Calorico Inferiore'[anno], 'Produzione da Cogenerazione'[Date].[Year],
    'Potere Calorico Inferiore'[mese], 'Produzione da Cogenerazione'[Date].[MonthNo]
)

Icey_0-1652428550391.png

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

msae26
Frequent Visitor

Hi Icey

Thanks so much for your support. I've alredy solve my problem using a CALENDAR table and related all my other tables to it. Anyway thanks so much.

6 REPLIES 6
msae26
Frequent Visitor

Hi again everyone

I tried with another dax code. Insted of use SUM inside CALCULATE I used SUMX, like this:

PCI = CALCULATE(
    SUMX('Potere Calorico Inferiore', 'Potere Calorico Inferiore'[PCI Coge MJp/Smc]),
            'Potere Calorico Inferiore'[anno]='Test'[Data].[Year] && 'Potere Calorico Inferiore'[mese]='Test'[Data].[MonthNo])
)

This seems more logic for me, since SUMX is iterative function. I keep waiting for someone who can help me to clean things up.

Great day  for all

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @msae26 ,

Try this:

PCI =
LOOKUPVALUE (
    'Potere Calorico Inferiore'[PCI Coge MJp/Smc],
    'Potere Calorico Inferiore'[anno], 'Produzione da Cogenerazione'[Date].[Year],
    'Potere Calorico Inferiore'[mese], 'Produzione da Cogenerazione'[Date].[MonthNo]
)

Icey_0-1652428550391.png

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

msae26
Frequent Visitor

Hi Icey

Thanks so much for your support. I've alredy solve my problem using a CALENDAR table and related all my other tables to it. Anyway thanks so much.

msae26
Frequent Visitor

Hi everyone

At the end I solve my challnege doing the following:

1. I deleted the relationship between the tables 1 and 2.
  2. Then I used this dax:

PCI = CALCULATE(SUM('Potere Calorico Inferiore'[PCI Coge MJp/Smc]),
            IF('Potere Calorico Inferiore'[anno]= 'Produzione da Cogenerazione'[Data].[Year] && 'Potere Calorico Inferiore'[mese]='Produzione da Cogenerazione'[Data].[MonthNo],
                'Potere Calorico Inferiore'[Indice], BLANK())
        )
)
        ​

With that dax code I could get what i wanted.  Create and polulate the table 3 with the value PCI from table 1.

msae26_0-1652347253076.png

But I have a dubt, I really do not why I should put SUM, since with SUM I get the sum of the whole column and here

I do not need the sum. The rest of the code is ok, cause is the filter I need for. Maybe some can

help me to understand.

Thanks

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@msae26 , you can create a common date table and analyze the data together with common date table

To get the best of the time intelligence function. Make sure you have a date calendar and it has been marked as the date in model view. Also, join it with the date column of your fact/s. Refer :radacad sqlbi My Video Series Appreciate your Kudos.

Hi amitchandak

Now, I have my two tables related as your advise.

msae26_0-1652177460111.png

Table_1: "Potere Calorifico Inferiore"

msae26_1-1652177683575.png

Tablen_2: Calendar

msae26_3-1652177838263.png

Now that I have all this tables related, I'd like to know how to create another calculated table, table_3 ("

Produzione da Cogenerazione"), where I need to pick the PCI value from table_1 and populate table_3.

Table_3 is like this:
msae26_4-1652178135832.png

I hope you can help.

Best regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.