Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Teodor_TRU
Frequent Visitor

Combining Filter function? Running Total

Context:
Building a burndown chart with a list of tasks based on their due dates. These snags have certain ID's so I have to count them.
I am trying to build a baseline (a line to show predicted completion of tasks) and have only been able to link them to their due dates (x axis)

This greatly skewes my graph as I do not have consistent due dates.

I tried creating a new table with dates and creating a relationship between all the dates and the due dates. When I do this my cumulative curve goes awol.

Bassicallly what im trying to do is go from this:

RunningTotal = 
CALCULATE    ([Count of Tasks],
FILTER ( ALL ( task_summary[Due Date] ), task_summary[Due Date] <= MAX ( task_summary[Due Date] )))

To a combination of these two.

RunningTotal = 
CALCULATE (
[Count of Tasks],
FILTER ( ALL ( '2017' ), '2017'[Date] <= MAX ( '2017'[Date] ) ))

++++++++

CALCULATE (   
[Count of Tasks],
FILTER ( ALL ( task_summary[Due Date] ), task_summary[Due Date] <= MAX ( task_summary[Due Date] )))

Is there a way to combine the filter ?
Any other way to do this?

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Teodor_TRU,

If these tables contain the relationships, you can try to directly add the filter to current formula:

RunningTotal = 
CALCULATE (   
[Count of Tasks],
FILTER ( ALL ( task_summary[Due Date] ), task_summary[Due Date] <= MAX ( task_summary[Due Date] )),
FILTER ( ALL ( '2017' ), '2017'[Date] <= MAX ( '2017'[Date] ) ))

If they not contain the relationship, you should add the relationship first.(e.g. create a relationship between these tables and calendar table).

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

If only it was that simple :P.

I tried that already and it doesn't work. When I used what you just mentioned, it doesn't stay cumulative. It just dips whenever a certain task goes past its due date but then the baseline returns back to its maximum. I want the changes in it to be permanent.

Capture.PNG

Hi @Teodor_TRU,

If you can please share us a sample file to test. It will help to modify your formula.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.