Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

raullaurindo

Combine tables not working

Hi,

I'm trying to combine two tables, with the same collumns, but powerbi is not showing the second  table I choose. 

For example, if I combine Table.Combine ({Table1, Table2}), Table2 wont show up in power query. If I Table.Combine ({Table2, Table1}), Table1 wont show up in power query. 

No filters were applied, and fun fact: the second table appears in the combination outside the powerquery, but without any treatment done from it. 

The only event I imagine that could do this effect is that recently update i installed. Because I have other combinations, in the same file, and they are working perfectly. 

Does anyone know what could be happening? 

P.S. Also tried to review formats, collumns names and excel extensios (my data come from there). 

Thanks in advance!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Sahir, 

Thanks for your reply. 

I triend the Append Queries as well, in fact it is the same as using Table.Combine in a blank consult. But it didnt worked. 

I found the problem. It was some collumns format. I had some 'date' in a sheet and 'date/time' in another. After I put all in 'dates' the combination worked!!! 

Regards

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Sahir_Maharaj
Super User
Super User

Hello @raullaurindo,

If Table.Combine continues to fail, try using "Append Queries" in Power Query as an alternative method to combine the tables. Also, ensure there's no issue with the source files themselves, especially since they're Excel files. Sometimes hidden formatting issues in Excel can cause problems in Power BI.

Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

If my response(s) assisted you in any way, don't forget to drop me a "Kudos" 🙂

Kind Regards,
Sahir Maharaj
Data Scientist | Data Engineer | Data Analyst | AI Engineer
P.S. Want me to build your Power BI solution?
➤ Lets connect on LinkedIn: Join my network of 15K+ professionals
➤ Join my free newsletter: Data Driven: From 0 to 100
➤ Website: https://sahirmaharaj.com
➤ Email: sahir@sahirmaharaj.com
➤ Want me to build your Power BI solution? Lets chat about how I can assist!
➤ Join my Medium community of 30K readers! Sharing my knowledge about data science and artificial intelligence
➤ Explore my latest project (350K+ views): Wordlit.net
➤ 100+ FREE Power BI Themes: Download Now
LinkedIn Top Voice in Artificial Intelligence, Data Science and Machine Learning

Hi Sahir, 

Thanks for your reply. 

I triend the Append Queries as well, in fact it is the same as using Table.Combine in a blank consult. But it didnt worked. 

I found the problem. It was some collumns format. I had some 'date' in a sheet and 'date/time' in another. After I put all in 'dates' the combination worked!!! 

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.