Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ziggyz
Regular Visitor

Combine Different Power BI Data Sets to one Consolidate Report

My company has 15 different branches located in different sites/regions. Each branch has their own back office system / database (On-premise) and would have Power BI desktop installed to connect to the system/database for reporting.The resulting report contains the business of the branch.

There is a need to centralize the reporting in HQ to consolidate the report. Do you know how this can be accomplished? Basically we have 15 branches with 15 identical back office systems installed on premise (15  identical databases) and we want to have a consolidated report of whats happening in all branches.

The two possible solutions I can think of right now are:

1. Each site would transform the data they need into excel and each site would then send the file to HQ. Power BI would then append the data into one for consolidated reporting.

2. An Azure Datawarehouse is setup wherein the reporting data from each site would be uploaded to the cloud. Power BI would then get its data from the centralized DB.

Do you know of any other solution?

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@ziggyz , I would prefer the second approach to having an Azure SQL warehouse for consolidation. I know power bi can do that, but would prefer a consolidation on a database

Bring in data from all sources with source as one of the columns, append and create fact and dimensions

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.