Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

HarrisonPerich
Frequent Visitor

Column spaces when changing filters

We have a report which shows sales for the month, broken down by week and totals for the month as well. As this report is used by many people, there is a lot of information which is not needed by people however, these columns and values are used in the totals calculations. 

As a temporary fix, we have just been sliding the columns across until we get the 1 column we want then publish - this is very tedious and annoying, and also this formatting dissapears after we change the filter to go to the next month, forcing us to do it all again each month.

Is there a way where we can keep the formatting we have done with the columns as we change the month filter? Or any other similar processes that can acheive a similar outcome?  

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @HarrisonPerich,

From my understanding is that your adjusting your report weekly

Unfortunately, i do not have a complete solution, but there is a more elegant way to present your data so that the users can view the other columns if that is what you are looking for.  You would need to maintan the report every quarter instead. |

Here's the excel wireframe below

Dax_Noob_0-1660118937768.png

Regards

Dax_Noob

Okay, I appreciate the suggestion - Ill pass it on.

Is there a way where I can 'copy & paste' my formatting so that when I change to Sep, Oct, etc. it is the same as the one which I manually editted? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @HarrisonPerich ,

Do you mind sharing additional info? Maybe a screenshot with blurred data would help

Regards

Dax_Noob

From my understanding

HarrisonPerich_0-1660117817487.png

HarrisonPerich_1-1660117818170.png

Attached is a screen shot (sorry about the big blocks, was easier to do that than to blur it) . The columns coming under 29/08/2022 is what we want it to default to - a lot more user friendly and still gives poeple the options to see the other columns corresponding to that week if need. 

The columns under 05/09/2022 is what the current default format is and what the report looks like when we go from month to month or as normal. As mentioned before, when we change the month filter to see the corresponding months figures, it comes up as the columns do under title 05/09/2022 and I just go through and manually drag each column for each table for each week that month - and it sucks doing that.

I'm sure this is fixable by creating a new report and going from there but thought I would enquire either way 

Cheers

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.