Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Column chart with measures as values - how to make categories?

Hi everyone

I have a simple column chart with three measures as the values, showing a week on week variance as each value. I want to have each bar labelled based on the measure name along the x-axis rather than having a colour legend. I have read some other forum posts that imply this is possible if I somehow use these measures as categories, but I have no idea how to do this. 

Can anyone help? 

At present my chart looks like this:

column chart help.JPG

I would like the each bar to be labelled along the x-axis, as this would allow me to have each bar the same colour and still be understandable. It would also allow me to space out the bars.

3 REPLIES 3
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You cannot use a Measure in X-axis. For any column to be used as an axis value, it should be a category. i.e. You should be able to group your entry data based on that column.

So in this case, since this column is a Measure, try to create a column that has these values and can be used to group your data by that. 

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Yingjie

Can this be done in a way that is dynamic, so the chart will still change as I select different options on a slicer? I understand i could hard-code these values in to a new table with enter data but is it possible to have the values in this time performing something like a lookup based on my measure results when the slicer options are selected?

Kind regards

GC4002

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.