Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Surveys
Regular Visitor

Column aggregating across all employees

I am trying to show daily employee hours, but am having issues. The image of the table model shows the relationship I have between date (dim_date), employee table (harersemployee) and payroll (harperspayroll) table. The image of the report is also shown (reference HRW Hours). What I believe is happening is that the payroll amount is summed for all employees and displaying that information. I am unsure why if I have a relationship between user account id and the date, why its not properly filtering the individual employee account. Any assistance is appreciated.

Surveys_0-1602613589380.pngSurveys_1-1602613616562.png

1 REPLY 1
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Surveys ,

You are refering to the HRW Hours column in your matrix correct? Usually when there is this type of values that are a single value acrros all the visualization has to do with relationships that don't exist between two tables.

Can you tell if the HRW hours comes from a different table than the Employee Name and how are they related? altough you have an image of the setup it's not very practical to make a mockup data if you can share one and expected result would be great.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.

Top Solution Authors