Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

DustineTolete
Frequent Visitor

Colors for visuals not showing

Hi everyone

I am having a problem rendering my visual that uses Color Scale for the default colors.

DustineTolete_0-1603740989262.png

As you can see here, some of the visuals are not colored. I am guessing this might be because on my color settings, the Center is colored white. The weird thing here is I specifically set the center to a custom value of 0.

DustineTolete_1-1603741172961.png

The look I am trying to achieve is something like the one below, but I'm not sure why on my visual it's just setting the colors to white even though they are not the middle value. 

DustineTolete_2-1603741308860.png

Will appreciate any help or insights.

EDIT: Additional details.

If I filter specifically to a month, all the other visuals turns white.

DustineTolete_0-1603741575584.png

4 REPLIES 4

Well i can only see 1 or 2 colours on your charts. I'm not sure what you expect to see in this situation. I suggest you filter your chart so it shows more than 2 data points with a visible bar

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

To your ask, you can see clearly see here now how the visuals are colored. The months is filtered for October.

DustineTolete_0-1603742602436.png

But if I selected a month that has no data, for example December, both of them will turn white as well:

DustineTolete_2-1603742690250.png

For more details, the measure being used here is defined like this:

VATAmountAllPeriods = CALCULATE([VAT Amount], ALL('Period'))

What are you expecting that measure to do?  It will return the same value for all periods and not show any variation by month. And from what I can see, that is what it is doing - returning white for every period. If you are trying to show % of the period, you need something like this

Conditional Format periods = divide([VAT Amount],CALCULATE([VAT Amount], ALL('Period')))

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

It's a color scale setting. With two colors, it should diverge into a lighter tone as the value goes nearer the center value that was set, something similar to this:

DustineTolete_0-1603742317805.png

The issue I am actually a bit stucked is why even those with values are being set to white color, which is the color if the value is equal to the custom center value which is 0.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.