Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

haizman
Advocate I
Advocate I

Color by Variable

Hey all. First time poster, semi-long time lurker. 🙂

I'm hoping someone can help me determine if there is a way to color visuals by variable. So if I have a data table that has brand, forecasted revenue and actual revenue. Then as I slice that it would be able to change the color of the visuals based on which brand it is displaying.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dearwatson
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

I cant wait for the day we add a measure/column to the colour field. until then we have to fudge it.

I have done this with a combo graph like below... its OK as long as you have data like in the table on the left.

or you could overlay two line graphs if that suits your needs.

The Brand column is put into the legend field and the forecast and actual measures are simple SUM(Forecast) type

Capture.PNG

Unfiltered

Capture.PNG

"The commonality between science and art is in trying to see profoundly - to develop strategies of seeing and showing." - Edward Tufte

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
dearwatson
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

I cant wait for the day we add a measure/column to the colour field. until then we have to fudge it.

I have done this with a combo graph like below... its OK as long as you have data like in the table on the left.

or you could overlay two line graphs if that suits your needs.

The Brand column is put into the legend field and the forecast and actual measures are simple SUM(Forecast) type

Capture.PNG

Unfiltered

Capture.PNG

"The commonality between science and art is in trying to see profoundly - to develop strategies of seeing and showing." - Edward Tufte

@dearwatson, thanks for the quick response! Is there any way to do this on the gauge visual? 

Sorry I dont think any of the gauges support having a Legend so I doubt it is possible.

Cheers

Greg

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.