Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Autumn

Clustered column chart not refreshing in Power BI Desktop but everything else is

Hello,

I have an Excel dataset with monthly data over several years that I connected to PBI Desktop and used to create several visuals, including clustered column charts. When I update the Excel with August 2023 data and refresh in PBI Desktop, all the visuals update with the August data except for the clustered column charts. I've previously successfully refreshed all the visuals including the clustered column charts. All the cells for the August 2023 row in the Excel are filled in. 

Here's an example of a visual that did update correctly, with the last column being August 2023

Autumn_0-1696583197334.png

And here's one of the clustered charts. The August cluster is missing 2023 data

Autumn_1-1696583345301.png

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Autumn ,

try refreshing this table and you can try going to power query anc check it from there.

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, Appreciate your Kudos 👍

Follow me on Linkedin
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea 💡

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

Hello @Autumn ,

Can you check first if there's some sort of a filter that is preventing august to show na dcan you show if the data of august is shown in the data view.

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, Appreciate your Kudos 👍

Follow me on Linkedin

Hi Idris,

I just checked and there are no filters applied.

I checked data view and the data only goes up to July 2023, which is strange because some of my visuals are showing the August 2023 data point.

@Autumn ,

try refreshing this table and you can try going to power query anc check it from there.

Follow me on Linkedin

Thanks @Idrissshatila, refreshing in power query worked. Thanks very much for your help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.