Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

JCBI1023
Helper III
Helper III

Clustered Column Chart - Axis Help (with pictures)

Hello!

I am working with the Clustered Column Chart to compare FY Month GP.  Our FY goes from October to November. I created a Fiscal Year Calendar table that looks like this. And I am sorting all my month columns by "FiscalMonthNo" so that I can ultimatley setup my Data to Format comparing Late Years Fiscal year Month to this Years Fiscal Year Month. 

Calendar Table.png

I then have seperate tables where my Data is containted. For Example, here's a look at my "Service GP" table.

I setup a relationship between the Date column in this  table and the Date column in my Calendar table.

Fiscal Year Service GP.png

I also created and added two measured columns to this table:

1) FY2017 Service GP = CALCULATE(SUM('Service GP'[GP]),FILTER('Service GP','Service GP'[Fiscal Year] = "2017"))

2) FY2018 Service GP = CALCULATE(SUM('Service GP'[GP]),FILTER('Service GP','Service GP'[Fiscal Year] = "2018"))

When I plot my Data using the Axis "FiscalYYYY-MM" and then Values are my Meaures (FY2017 Service GP) and (FY2018 Service GP), My data is sorted properly but how do I get the columns closer together? I think it has something to do with my Date data but I am not sure.

For example, 2017-November should be right next to (clustered with) 2018-November so it's easier to compare. 

Data is seperated.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you try putting your fiscal month number column in the axis field above your FiscalYYYY-MM field. This should then group and sort first on month number and then by the dates.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you try putting your fiscal month number column in the axis field above your FiscalYYYY-MM field. This should then group and sort first on month number and then by the dates.

That works! Now how do I show Nov-17/Nov-18 as opposed to 1, etc.

1 or dare.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.