Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

DoctorYSG
Helper II
Helper II

Clearing refresh dataset error flag (score card)

I created a ScoreCard for my Report, and PBI created a ScoreCard Dataset. I did not know that I should not hit refresh on that dataset, so now it shows a error flag. The reason is that is complaining that it does not have the credentials. But again, that is all not needed, since the PowerBI refresh of 300 seconds takes care of refreshing the score card.

Is there a way to clear this error, without deleting the Score Card. There is no-one who knows what the credentials are to the Azure MSFT 365 tenant.

image.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DoctorYSG
Helper II
Helper II

Cliff Ward our MSFT tech support guy gave me a fix. I needed to choose Organizational credentials for the OAUTH to the data source.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
DoctorYSG
Helper II
Helper II

Cliff Ward our MSFT tech support guy gave me a fix. I needed to choose Organizational credentials for the OAUTH to the data source.

DoctorYSG
Helper II
Helper II

@lbendlin A little background might make my questions smarter.

What I did was create a scorecard, with two metrics. 1) Connected to a Report, with a TimeSeries (and I see that that has values, and I setup rules for warnings and alerts) 2) Manual Metrics (for testing)

1. Who uses the backing dataset behind the scorecard? When I examine it , all the values and goals are empty
2. What does the update of this dataset? Is it when the underlying connected timeseries (aka, data set refresh) that is connected to the report?

DoctorYSG
Helper II
Helper II

I never had the credentials to the msft 365 tenant. And they are not going to give that to me.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Click "Edit credentials", refresh the access token, and move on to other stuff.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.