Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PhilippeCN
Frequent Visitor

Chinese Lunar Calendar

Hello everybody  😀

I need to be able to manage the lunar calendar as well as the fiscal calendar and the gregorian (standard) calendar, this because i need to compare chinese marketing activities from one year to another and they are based on the lunar calendar (

- chinese new year month1-day1,

- lantern festival month1-day15,

- dragon boat festival month5-day5,

- double 7 also called the valentine's day month7-day7)

here my questions :

1. What is the best structure to adopt in my time dimension to be able to manage these 3 dates knowing that my fact tables contains a date in gregorian calandar ? could you please give me a pbix ?

2. what is the best way create the slicer and give to the user the possibility to chose a period of time (ex: to create 2 fields to input the date and 3 check box (Fiscal, Standard, Lunar) ??? ), could you please add it in the pbix ?

Thanks a lot for your help 

Philippe 

6 REPLIES 6
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PhilippeCN 

If you've fixed the issue on your own please kindly share your solution. if the above posts help, please kindly mark it as a solution to help others find it more quickly.thanks!

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

We typically create a single calendar and try to accommodate the calculations there. 

You can create custom months, year and create their sort and incremental Ranks.

Refer:https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Power-BI-Working-with-Non-Standard-Time-Periods/ba-p...

HEllo @amitchandak  

Thank you for you answer, I understand the logic

concernnig the question #2 , how do you male coexist in a slicer all the calendars making that the user can chose if he wants the standard, fiscal or lunar ? is their a check box thing to chose or a parameter somewhere ?

This one is a bit tricky. Changing the calendar is easy. But change all calculation based on that would be a bit tricky

Like how you change measure using slicer. But you will have too many to change based on that

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Slicer-MTD-QTD-YTD-to-filter-dates-using-the-slicer/td-p/50...

Or bookmarks to hide the complexity

https://radacad.com/bookmarks-and-buttons-making-power-bi-charts-even-more-interactive

Thank you, I will try these options and tell you if it works

One method is to create a disconnected table with your choices of calendars. Then, you can have a measure select the appropriate date column from your calendar. Not sure of what your use cases are so hard to say exactly. You could also do this with bookmarks and buttons and that might work better if you have circumstances where dates are on the axis of a visual for example.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.