Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

IliasKatsis
Frequent Visitor

Check if some ids are inside a campaign

IliasKatsis_0-1657201515228.png

Hello, 

I have this model and I want to check if some coupon ids from transactions table are included in some campaigns from the campaign details table. Each campaign has a unique id and has some coupons. There are coupons which are inccluded to two or more campaigns with the same id number. 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @IliasKatsis 

Thanks for your screenshots. 

The known conditions are,
1. You want to get the description from the campaigns table and put it into the Transcation table,
2. Use the date of the Transcation table to filter the campaigns table,
3. Use the coupon_id of the Transcation table to filter the Campaign details, and then you want to filter the campaigns table by this
one idea is 

Current Camp = 
var _t1=SELECTCOLUMNS(FILTER(ALL('Campaign details'),'Campaign details'[Coupon ID]= MIN(Transactions[coupon_id])),"s",[Campaign ID])
return 
MAXX (
    FILTER (
        Campaigns,
        Campaigns[StartDate]<=MIN(Transactions[Transaction Date] )
            && Campaigns[EndDate]>=MIN(Transactions[Transaction Date])&& Campaigns[Campaign ID] in _t1
    ),
    Campaigns[Description]
)

result (based on my sample)

vxiaotang_0-1658912961669.png

vxiaotang_1-1658912976038.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @IliasKatsis 

Thanks for reaching out to us.

>> I want to check if some coupon ids from transactions table are included in some campaigns from the campaign details table.

what's your expected output? if some coupon ids from transactions table are included in some campaigns from the campaign details table, then measure returns (?) 

and could you please share some sample data to help us find the solution faster? thanks.

vxiaotang_0-1657594892402.png

Best Regards,

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

what's your expected output? if some coupon ids from transactions table are included in some campaigns from the campaign details table, then measure returns (?)  Then it returns the name of the current campaign.. sorry for any inconvenience.

The sample data is this : Transcation table

IliasKatsis_0-1658391184172.png

and  Campaign details 

IliasKatsis_1-1658391227133.png

and campaigns table 

IliasKatsis_2-1658391261242.png

i tried this : 

Current Camp = maxx(filter(Campaigns, Transactions[Transaction Date] >= Campaigns[StartDate] && Transactions[Transaction Date]<= Campaigns[EndDate] && Transactions[coupon_id] in VALUES('Campaign details'[Coupon ID])), Campaigns[Description]) but it did not work.

Thanks for your help

Hi @IliasKatsis 

Thanks for your screenshots. 

The known conditions are,
1. You want to get the description from the campaigns table and put it into the Transcation table,
2. Use the date of the Transcation table to filter the campaigns table,
3. Use the coupon_id of the Transcation table to filter the Campaign details, and then you want to filter the campaigns table by this
one idea is 

Current Camp = 
var _t1=SELECTCOLUMNS(FILTER(ALL('Campaign details'),'Campaign details'[Coupon ID]= MIN(Transactions[coupon_id])),"s",[Campaign ID])
return 
MAXX (
    FILTER (
        Campaigns,
        Campaigns[StartDate]<=MIN(Transactions[Transaction Date] )
            && Campaigns[EndDate]>=MIN(Transactions[Transaction Date])&& Campaigns[Campaign ID] in _t1
    ),
    Campaigns[Description]
)

result (based on my sample)

vxiaotang_0-1658912961669.png

vxiaotang_1-1658912976038.png

Best Regards,

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@IliasKatsis Sorry, having trouble following, can you post sample data as text and expected output?
Not really enough information to go on, please first check if your issue is a common issue listed here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Before-You-Post-Read-This/ba-p/1116882

Also, please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

The most important parts are:
1. Sample data as text, use the table tool in the editing bar
2. Expected output from sample data
3. Explanation in words of how to get from 1. to 2.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.