Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CK1992
Helper II
Helper II

Change column width in the mobile view

Hi team,

I hope you are well and have a nice weekend ahead.

I have developed my report but I face the following issue between the desktop view and mobile layout view.

desktop view

CK1992_1-1675436647070.png

mobile view

CK1992_0-1675436613328.png

Is there any way to change the column width in the mobile layout?

Thanks,

Christos

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's what I've been able to find looking for a solution myself:
-What you're trying to achieve (table/matrix visual having different set sizes for columns in Desktop and Mobile) is not currently possible.
-Table/Matrix visuals are not optimized for mobile view and usage.

In order to make consumption of your content on mobile easier, consider using other visuals and simply hide them in Desktop view. This is the current workaround I use in order to have a clean and functional interface in both Desktop and Mobile.

View solution in original post

Hi @wcarter 

The ability to adjust column header for mobile should be available in the next Desktop release.
Thanks,

Michal

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
michalfoster
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hi @CK1992 ,

Currently, there is no option to adjust the columns width of tables in the mobile layout.

But we are planning to make the mobile canvas interactive, and this will allow you to change the table columns size for mobile.

Thanks,

Michal

Is there any update on implementation of this? I'm trying to use Mobile layout for the first time in the Aug 2023 build and having to toggle between desktop view and mobile view to adjust column widths is quite annoying.

Hi @wcarter 

The ability to adjust column header for mobile should be available in the next Desktop release.
Thanks,

Michal

Is there any estimate on when the next desktop release will happen?

Hi @Clinte 

The ability to adjust column width is already released and available from Power BI Desktop September release.

See more details on the new capability in September Feature Summary blog:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-september-2023-feature-summary/#post-24646-_Toc145...

Thanks,

Michal

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@CK1992 , You can create a mobile layout and adjust that( for vertical)

For horizontal, change the visual little bit and disable auto adjust width

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry but it does not work.

I have to change the desktop view in order to make it work. However, i want to keep the desktop view as it is and change only the mobile view?

Is there a way to do ti?

Thanks,

CK

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's what I've been able to find looking for a solution myself:
-What you're trying to achieve (table/matrix visual having different set sizes for columns in Desktop and Mobile) is not currently possible.
-Table/Matrix visuals are not optimized for mobile view and usage.

In order to make consumption of your content on mobile easier, consider using other visuals and simply hide them in Desktop view. This is the current workaround I use in order to have a clean and functional interface in both Desktop and Mobile.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.