Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

svella
Regular Visitor

Carriage Returns / concatenated text

Hi,

Does anyone know if we can add a carrage return and have it function in a text block in the visualization.

The goal

------------

Field_A & " - " & Field_B & Carrage Return & Field_C

Outcome

------------

Dog - Cat

Horse

Can't seem to find a thread where someone was successfull.

Cheers

9 REPLIES 9
Gianluca88
Resolver I
Resolver I

Gianluca88_0-1665150204652.png

Hi @svella , if you want the effect reported in the image below, you have to select "wrap text": ON in the visual card properties.

I used the DAX formula

CONCATENATE(CONCATENATE("Selezionare le celle di interesse dal selettore a sinistra digitando alcuni caratteri (consigliati almeno 4 caratteri)",UNICHAR(10)),"Puoi utilizzare i simboli jolly '?' e '*' nella barra di ricerca.")

Thanks,

g

MelindaLadd

Use #(lf) inside your quotations

Field_A & "#(lf)" & Field_B

Just reverse what you would do if you were splitting the column. 

SanSan83
Regular Visitor

I have the same problem, I would like to add a "Carriage return" to concatenated text. Could you please let me know if/when you find a solution to the problem?

Many thanks,

add UNICHAR(10) into your text string... seems to work.   can't find the thread i found that in!

UNICHAR(10) works but doesn't appear to do anything for the visual and also causes line breaks in a csv export. 

Check that. If you turn on "Word wrap" in Values, it'll wrap those values in the table view according the break code. Nice.

v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@svella

In DAX, , you just need to use "Alt + Enter" to type "Carriage Return". However, "Carriage Return" can't be displayed in visual. It always appear in a line. You can see the actual field when you hover on the data field.

Column = Table2[NAME]&
"
"
&Table2[id]

7.PNG

Regards,

Hi Simon,

Yes I use that technique for the code lines but I am looking for it to show visually.  I assume at this point their isnt a way to

add one to appear in the visuals ?

thanks

@svella

Currently, it's not supported to display the Carriage Returns within cells in visual.

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.