Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BPhetchamphone
Advocate I
Advocate I

Card troubles- Individual cards importing as multi-row cards

When I upload a number of individual cards into the dashboard they are no longer treated as individual cards. This has been a problem starting last week. 

Original layout with report (created on desktop application ) :tile_issue_2.PNG

how it's presented when I upload the report into the power bi web designer ( as a multi row card): tile_issue_1.PNG

To fix this issue, I have to edit every single card in the report in the web designer and change it to become a single-card again. 

I normally wouldn't have any problems with this, but we cannot set mobile alerts on a multi row card and that's currently my main use for cards . 

2 REPLIES 2
WillT
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hello! The look and feel of the cards between the new report canvas and the dashboard should be the same - but if you're using a report created in Power View in Excel you might see some changes. Sorry it's causing you to go and adjust them all manually! If you're using the Power BI Desktop, please make sure you've got the latest version and you should see the same visuals in both places.

Thanks for the reply, WillT. I believe it's the latest version of of Power BI that has changed all of my individual cards to become multi-row cards. This wouldn't be a problem for me if I could use multi-row cards to trigger alerts on the app, but it looks like currently only individually set cards are able to trigger mobile alerts. Are there any plans to change this in the future? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.