Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

adrien5555
Helper II
Helper II

Cancel an action in the query editor

Hi there,

I messed up in the Query Editor, and so I didn't click on Apply and close.

But it's as if I can't cancel when something is done, except if it's in the "Applied Steps" history record.

Here I tried to change the file source from a .csv to an .xlsx and it messed up my datasource, so I chose again the csv, but still messed...

...and I can't cancel.

What's the normal way to do? It's so weird not to have an undo button....

Thanks for helping 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@adrien5555 wrote:

Here I tried to change the file source from a .csv to an .xlsx and it messed up my datasource, so I chose again the csv, but still messed...

@adrien5555

Undo can only work on the steps generated from the UI operations. In this case, changing the file source from a .csv to an .xlsx, it seems that you're editing code in the advanced editor, so there's no steps and undo.

To get the code work, you can create a new report in powerbi importing that .csv. Then in the advanced editor, you will find some code containing the csv metadata infomation as below.

let
    Source = Csv.Document(File.Contents("C:\Users\eric\Desktop\test.csv"),[Delimiter=",", Columns=3, Encoding=1252, QuoteStyle=QuoteStyle.None]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Column1", type text}, {"Column2", type text}, {"Column3", type date}})
in
    #"Changed Type"

And then modify the messed code accordingly.

Sorry for the delay of this reply. It works now, without me touching this source.

Maybe, maybe,...

At the same time, another mysql database was not accessible. 

Maybe it was blocking the Refresh.

Since it's acessible again, all work fine.

Thanks for your help anyway, and the last trick, it can be useful.

mahimabedi
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

I recreated the steps you mentioned. On changing the source back-its working fine for me. Snapshot of the error could be useful.

wonga
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@adrien5555

There's usually an "x" next to each applied step. If it's still messed up no matter what you try and do, I would recommend copying and pasting all the steps that are important and redo the report from scratch. 

The data source probably should not be changed after it's been set.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.