Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

neda_PowerBI

Canadian French number formats: Commas instead of decimals, space for thousand separator

I already researched the forum and the Solution was not clear.

I would like to display  my numbers as French / European format. 

So commas instead of decimals: 59.5% should be 59,5%.

And thousand separator should be a space: 10,000 should be 10 000.

I already reviewed the post How to format data numbers to Canadian French currency format?  but the solution is not clear to me.

I'm fairly new to PowerBI.

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
splambo
Advocate I
Advocate I

To display a space as a thousands separator, maybe you can apply this solution to your situation:

FORMAT(MAX(yourTableName[yourColumnName]), "### ### ### $")

If not, please give more details:
Which kind of visual are you using?
What is your intended result?
What does your data source look like?
Can you post a screenshot?

Hi! I figured how to display a space as a thousand separator! But I still haven't figured how to display a decimal point as a comma! For example, 59.5% need to be displated as 59,5%!!

please help!

Thanks

Since you don't give details on your data or your expected outcome it's hard to give precise advice, but I can tell you that if you're using a pie chart, PowerBI won't allow you to format those numbers (incredible, I know!).

If you are able to use numbers in a way that can be formatted, for example using a Smart Narrative card, try this number formatting, or numerical data formatting option:

Measure Name = "Inside these quotes you can write text and mention that "& FORMAT(MAX(yourTableName[yourColumnName]), "#,0")&"% of solutions work at least some of the time."
neda_PowerBI

No it cannot be changed in data view.

chonchar
Helper V
Helper V

Hello,

I believe you can change it in data view: 

chonchar_0-1694186534304.png

Or you can find a replace the "." and replace it with a "," if that doesn't solve the problem, but I do not belive that is the best practice. I am also pretty new. 

Best, 

Cam

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.