Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Bilal_Khan

Can we make a slicer in such a way that it filter the separate tables itself?

Hi all, 
I have 10 tables containing the data of three different channels. The channels are Ticket, Call and Chat.
Some tables have only Tickets data, some have only Call data and some have Chat data.
By using all the tables I created some measures to calculate the results. 
In all measres, I am calculating the different features from all tables. 
For example I am calculating the Ticket time,call time and chat time by a single measure and it is giving the correct result.
So what i need, I need a slicer that enable me to filter these 3 channels separately. When I will select Ticket, It should give me the results from Those tables only which have the Tickets data. It means It should give me the Tickets time only.
Same for other two channels i.e Call and Chat. When I will select Call channel, It should give me the Call time only. 
Is it possible to filter the tables in such a way?
Thank You 

2 REPLIES 2
v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Bilal_Khan 

If the above methods do not solve your problem. Can you provide the simple PBIX file for testing? Please remove sensitive data in advance.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @Bilal_Khan ,

I will suggest creating a table with just one column - Channel having following values : Ticket, Call, Chat

Then create relationships with all the tbales on this Channel column from this new table to all the existing tables. I am assuming all the existing tables have a Channel column.

Then use the slicer from this new table as a Channel and this will filter all the other tables.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.