Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't re-publish pbix: This report was already published to the selected destination

I'm trying to update a report and data model and I'm getting a new error I'm unfamiliar with. I have some updates to visuals and a data model and I'm just trying to republish this file to its normal workspace. I've never had an issue with this step before.

fry4_0-1663605630962.png

I've tried the following troubleshooting already with no changes on the error:

• Signed out and back in to Power BI Desktop (this looks like it was the solution in a thread I found from 2016)
  • Installed latest version of Desktop
  • I've checked on my gateway and it is working for other reports
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
VictorHugo
Frequent Visitor

I'm having the same issue with all my reports, I got a temporary solution in this post:
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/ISSUE-with-publishing-report/m-p/2163755
Use the link "Get Data" on the left bottom side of the Power Bi Service.
It worked for me, let's hope Microsoft fix this bug once for all.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
jimgreene
Frequent Visitor

Hi All,

This just started happening to me this morning. I've been updating a dozen reports daily for over a year without ever seeing this error before. Anyone come up with a solution?

Thank you!

jim

VictorHugo
Frequent Visitor

I'm having the same issue with all my reports, I got a temporary solution in this post:
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/ISSUE-with-publishing-report/m-p/2163755
Use the link "Get Data" on the left bottom side of the Power Bi Service.
It worked for me, let's hope Microsoft fix this bug once for all.

This issue is a result of the dataset storage format being enabled. It occurs when you publish a large dataset, and the setting is turned on. As a consequence, the data is always downloaded whenever the setting is active.

KelvinMwendwa_0-1692783454373.png

To modify the setting, follow these steps:

1. Open the specific report's dataset.
  2. Click on the "More" option, which will reveal additional settings.
  3. Among the settings that appear, locate and select "Large dataset storage format."
  4. Turn off this setting to match the example shown. By doing so, you will disable the large dataset storage format, resulting in the desired configuration.

KelvinMwendwa_1-1692783518620.png

After making the changes to the settings and disabling the "Large dataset storage format," you can now proceed to download the file with the report and its associated data. The option to download it should be labeled as "A copy of your report and data." This will allow you to obtain a copy of the report along with the relevant dataset.

KelvinMwendwa_2-1692783593056.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think this worked for me after I did it a sceond time, the first time didn't seem to have an impact. I'm also not sure that this issue didn't just resolve itself after giving it a few days to sort itself out but I would recommend the above solution as the last thing I did before getting my ability to properly publish restored.

Thank you. I will try the Get Data a second time!

Just tried a second Get Data but no change. Wonder if MS just released a new version of Power BI? I'll see what happens overnight. Thanks again!

mmerchak
Advocate II
Advocate II

I am experiencing this issue too and the signing out/signing back in solution that I had seen as well is also not working....

Deleting the original report and uploading again is not a feasible solution for me unfortunately.

DanPaterniti
Regular Visitor

I am getting the same error and have tried the same things. The only thing that has worked for me is deleting the original report on the service and uploading the new one but this does not work long term.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.