Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Analitika
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Can't filter data in the measure in Power BI

Hi,

I can't filter data in Power BI. I have a measure with filter(table, table[c]="dadas") but no effect. why it happens?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Analitika ,

There are a few possible reasons why the filter function in Power BI might not be working as expected:

• Make sure the measure is being used in a visual that allows filtering, such as a table or matrix. Some visual types, such as charts and gauges, do not support filtering.
  • Make sure that the column and value specified in the filter function are correct. The column name should be surrounded by square brackets (e.g., [column]), and the value should be in quotation marks if it is a string (e.g., "value").
  • Check that the table specified in the filter function is correct. It should be the name of the table that contains the column you are trying to filter on.
  • Make sure that there are rows in the table that meet the criteria specified in the filter function. If there are no rows that match the filter criteria, the filter will have no effect.
  • If you are using the filter function in a measure, make sure that the measure is correctly aggregating the data. You may need to use an aggregation function, such as SUM or AVERAGE, to get the desired result.
  • Make sure that the filter is being applied correctly in the context of any other filters that might be applied to the visual. If there are conflicting filters, the filter function may not have the desired effect.

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Analitika ,

There are a few possible reasons why the filter function in Power BI might not be working as expected:

• Make sure the measure is being used in a visual that allows filtering, such as a table or matrix. Some visual types, such as charts and gauges, do not support filtering.
  • Make sure that the column and value specified in the filter function are correct. The column name should be surrounded by square brackets (e.g., [column]), and the value should be in quotation marks if it is a string (e.g., "value").
  • Check that the table specified in the filter function is correct. It should be the name of the table that contains the column you are trying to filter on.
  • Make sure that there are rows in the table that meet the criteria specified in the filter function. If there are no rows that match the filter criteria, the filter will have no effect.
  • If you are using the filter function in a measure, make sure that the measure is correctly aggregating the data. You may need to use an aggregation function, such as SUM or AVERAGE, to get the desired result.
  • Make sure that the filter is being applied correctly in the context of any other filters that might be applied to the visual. If there are conflicting filters, the filter function may not have the desired effect.

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

bolfri
Super User
Super User

Lack of information here. Sample data? Sample screenshot showing the problem eg result measure with this filter and without? Without that it's hardly possible to answer.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.