Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

VivianC
Helper I
Helper I

Can I still use Power BI Desktop to create new or edit old reports if company stops Power BI license

Hi, 

Just like described in the subject, can I still use Power BI Desktop to create new reports or edit old reports if company stops Power BI license? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @VivianC 

Yes, if the organisation cancels their Power BI licence, you will still be able to use Power BI desktop to edit existing .PBIX files you have access to, and create new Reports. BUT, you won't be able to download any Reports that have been published to the Power BI service, equally you won't be able to publish the new Reports you create or share them through Power BI service.

Hope this helps

Stuart

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
sirlanceohlott
Advocate III
Advocate III

@VivianC , the only thing you'll lost out on is the ability to share with other in the Power BI Service if your license is not renewed. You can still create reports in Power BI Desktop and share the PBIX files with necessary users if that is how your organization would like to continue usage of Power BI. 

Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @VivianC 

Yes, if the organisation cancels their Power BI licence, you will still be able to use Power BI desktop to edit existing .PBIX files you have access to, and create new Reports. BUT, you won't be able to download any Reports that have been published to the Power BI service, equally you won't be able to publish the new Reports you create or share them through Power BI service.

Hope this helps

Stuart

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.