Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ankit3977
Frequent Visitor

Calculation of Avg and case for find out effort on project

Hello All, 

In My data Set, We have different user who work on different task against that given task. So we are using below function in Excel to find out club all task by person wise(refer snap).  ((1-((avg(cast(x.TaskInstanceEffort as decimal(10,2)))/60)/(avg(cast(x.ExpectedTaskEffort as decimal(10,2)))/60)))) AS EffortVariance

Now I need to find out same calculation in power BI by person wise to match Excel data set. I have try to use below Measure but I am not getting same result.  EV Measure = ((AVERAGE('Effort Variance'[ExpectedTaskEffort]))-(AVERAGE('Effort Variance'[TaskInstanceEffort])))/ AVERAGE('Effort Variance'[ExpectedTaskEffort])  So could you please suggest how I can get same reuslt in Power BI like Excel?   

ankit3977_0-1693062695186.png

ankit3977_1-1693062695546.png

1 REPLY 1
foodd
Super User
Super User

Please create a pbix file that contains some sample data but still reflects your data model (tables, relationships, calculated columns, and measures), upload the pbix to Onedrive or Dropbox, and share the link. Please use Excel to create the sample data instead of the manual input method share the xlsx as well.

Describe the expected results based on the sample you provide.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.